Monday, May 18, 2009

My Life in .25

I realize, as I write this, that I've been keeping track of my time in 15 minute increments for more than 20 years. That lovely .25 -- it gets a little old when you figure there's 32 of those .25s in a day.

But what all that time keeping has done for me is make me value my time...even when I'm not at work. Before I put that sod in or paint, or take the time to run around town to comparison shop, I think about what it will cost...in human time. My time. And more often than not, that human time factor and its related cost points me in a different direction. I either hire it out, find a better way to do it or just don't do it at all. I definitely think about ROI when I decide to expend some time and energy.

Time. It's the only commodity I truly own outright.

No comments:

Post a Comment