Friday, March 20, 2009

Are you the Wife at Work?

Here's what I'm talking about...I'm in a meeting with 5 or 6 other people...all men. We are brainstorming about a new client or a new project...who is the ONLY one taking notes...yep, that would be me. At the end of the meeting, it's decided we need a presentation. Or a powerpoint show. Or an excel spread sheet. Whatever is needed, WHY DOES EVERYONE LOOK AT ME?

Are you constantly following up with people to make sure they are meeting their deadlines? When there's a big meeting, do you have to go around and round up your colleagues? Do you always have to set up the screen, and the computer and run the powerpoint show?

If you do, you're the work wife.

(Early in my career, I was working at EDS and went to a meeting with two guys...one of whom asked me if I knew shorthand. I DID, but I wasn't going to tell him that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment