Thursday, February 12, 2009

Proven Right...Was it Worth It?

You all know people like this at work -- they insist on getting the last word in because it's so important for them to be RIGHT.

I have actually been in meetings where my colleagues have thrown their own clients under the bus because to keep quiet meant they wouldn't get that last RIGHT word in.

I also have sat through really painful year-end evaluations (one of them was over 3 hours long) because every bit of constructive criticism I offered up had to be countered with a lengthy diatribe of why I was wrong...they DID do that, or that WAS accomplished. Don't people realize that just reinforces my opinion that you are an arrogant, inflexible tool...and I automatically make the assumption that you are that way with your clients, too?

Arrrggghhh.

Sometimes, it's best to just know in your heart you're right and let history tell the tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment